Species of Interest...

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Repticon Dallas, Part 7: The Texas Reptile Exchange

One of my favorite species of pet lizards is the Central Australian bearded dragon (Pogona vitticeps). Being a popular and fairly easy to care for species, I was quite surprised that there weren't more of them available for sale at Repticon Dallas. A few posts ago, I shared a picture of one of the bearded dragons that were available for adoption from DFW Reptile Rescue. The only other vendor that had bearded dragons at Repticon Dallas (or at least that I saw) was The Texas Reptile Exchange...and I nearly came home with one.

The Texas Reptile Exchange is an authorized Exo Terra wholesaler and reptile dealer/breeder based out of Powderly, TX. See their website for a full like of available species or just give them a call with your wishlist.



Based out of Powderly, TX (approx. 2 hours northeast of Dallas, near the Oklahoma border), The Texas Reptile Exchange is one of those businesses that is very difficult to categorize. They are known in the herp community for breeding some nice Burmese pythons and started breeding monitor lizards awhile back. They are a wholesaler of Exo Terra products and other reptile supplies, but they also manage a retail store featuring Exo Terra products and feeders. In addition, they sell a variety of other reptile species for several local breeders. So, you can bet that nearly anything you might be looking for, owners Joel Robinson and Jeff Frey will either have it for sale or know who to put you in touch with. But, what drew me to their booth was the handful of bearded dragons and Mali uromastyx they had for sale.

A Central Australian bearded dragon (Pogona vitticeps) just begging to go home with me.
See what a good little dragon I am!
A pair of Mali uromastyx (Uromastyx maliensis) for sale by Texas Reptile Exchange.
Now, that's a grinning lizard!

I love how these guys move, so I couldn't resist taking some video.



[Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Repticon, Exo Terra, Zoo Med, or any of the other sponsors of Repticon. I was not asked to write these blog posts and was not compensated for them. Everything in these articles are my own observations and opinions.]

No comments:

Post a Comment